THE STATE OF THE NATION
The Mother answers
(A questionnaire from The Illustrated Weekly of India, Republic Day issue of 1964 - original English)
1. If you were asked to sum up, just in one sentence, your vision of India, what would be your answer?
India's true destiny is to be the Guru of the world.
2. Similarly, if you were asked to comment on the reality as you see it, how would you do it in one sentence?
The present reality is a big falsehood - hiding an eternal truth.
3. What, according to you, are the three main barriers that stand between the vision and the reality?
i) Ignorance ii) Fear iii) Falsehood.
4. Are you satisfied with the overall progress India has made since Independence? (Yes or No)
5. What is our most outstanding achievement in recent times? Why do you consider it so important?
Waking up of the yearning for Truth - because without Truth there is no real liberty.
6. Likewise, can you name the saddest failure? On what ground do you regard it as so tragic?
Insincerity. Because insincerity leads to ruin.
(November 12, 1963)
(Mother’s Agenda, Vol. 6, pp. 212-213, August 7, 1965)